A new generation composite material – fiberglass – allows to obtain a structure of special strength and increased reliability. This material has successfully proven itself in many countries due to its wide range of applications and variety of advantages.
High strength and low specific gravity are the main advantages of fiberglass; Long service life. The wear resistance of the material is very high, so fiberglass products will last for many years without losing their appearance and performance.
Advantages of the material
The main advantages of fiberglass are:
– Individual physical properties. Depending on the operating conditions, fiberglass products can have individual characteristics, due to a special combination of components during production;
– Excellent operational and technological properties. The material is resistant to various weather conditions, mechanical stress, does not corrode, does not deform. High strength and low specific gravity are the main advantages of fiberglass;
– Long service life. The wear resistance of the material is very high, so fiberglass products will last for many years without losing their appearance and performance. If damage occurs, maintenance will not cause problems.
Various technologies are used for the production of fiberglass products. Oriented arrangement of fibers can be achieved by applying the method of winding, pulling or layering, pressing, casting. The contact molding method is one of the most common.
Benefits of using fiberglass
The use of the material has a number of advantages:
– Versatility. Fiberglass structures can be used indoors and outdoors. The material is resistant to moisture, precipitation, sun and wind. Fiberglass can withstand temperatures ranging from -50 to +100 degrees.
– Long service life. For several decades, fiberglass products have served people, preserving their properties. Compared with wood and metals, fiberglass has an obvious advantage: it does not undergo corrosive destruction, is not afraid of bacteria and fungus.
– High strength. In terms of strength, fiberglass can be compared with steel, but the low weight of fiberglass products compared to metal is becoming a decisive factor for many manufacturers of complex structures and equipment.
During operation, fiberglass structures are not subject to deformation. During the production process, the composition is painted in any color, which makes it possible to manufacture products for any areas of use. The thermal and electrical insulating properties of the material have found application in the production of structures and products for the industrial sector, shipbuilding, carriage and automobile construction.